Meet eight-year-old Amelia who, along with her friends, hosted an almost-sleepover in Weaverville, North Carolina on October 22nd! Thanks for hosting such a beautiful event…and for your truly inspirational blog!
Read all about the event–and see some beautiful photos–in her mom’s blog post: Pictures from Our Almost-Sleepover and Gratitude
Read all about the plans and inspiration for Amelia’s event, here: Neuroendrocrine Cell Hyperplasia and an Almost Sleepover
Amelia’s USCS Make a Difference Day Almost-Sleepover supported The Rathburn Center, a non-profit organization that provides lodging and other services in a “home like” environment, free of charge, for patients and their caregivers coming into Asheville, North Carolina for medical treatment.
1. What’s your name and how old are you?
My name is Amelia and I’m 8 years old.
2. Do you have any sisters, brothers or pets?
I have one sister, Ruby, and one dog, Max.
3. Do you have a favorite sport or hobby?
Soccer, dance, and playing outside.
4. Do you have a special talent?
5. What’s your favorite book?
I like Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
6. What’s your favorite food?
My favorite food is popcorn.
7. What’s your favorite color
Green and purple.
8. Tell us something cool about your state.
North Carolina is fun because it has mountains, and it’s near the ocean.
9. Tell us something you’ve done that makes you proud.
I was brave enough to have my first sleepover.
10. What do you want to say to kids across the country?
Hey girls, let’s get ready to party!
Infrontweb Web Design Connecticut